Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Knowing the RIGHT languages, my objective POV

There are so many programming languages out there, one in his thirties should ask him/her self a few questions when working in this hectic industry.
Am I working with the right language, am I getting myself familiar with the languages that will take me to the place that I want to eventually be?

Well, I'm in that place in life, as a Java programmer, and former .NET programmer, I want to know that the language that I learn and specialize more & more everyday will get me the the place that I so desire to be, which I actually don't know what it is...yet!

One field in the programming realm that always excited me, is the Gaming world. I just came across another nice Open API for Game developing, Unity3D is the name, which provides
nice interface and an API that works under (or above) C#, Javascript or BOO.

So my current work place (that I develop solely on Java) doesn't help me a lot there.
My knowledge in .NET and specifically in C# is pretty good, but it's not near my Java knowledge which accumulated during the past 3 years, even though I had a few side projects in C# during the last years, they were on my own, so the requirements and guidance was lacking, and it shows :)

Is the future of us programmers to dwell in the Blogs and forums for an answer ?
well, I guess for me, for now, it is...cause I live in a country that the possibilities in game developing are so small, they practically don't exist.

And the work in a field that is not so exciting, can be a downer, maybe not at the beginning but someday, sometimes.
For now, just continue enriching your knowledge & expertise, maybe an answer will find you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment